Yoga has been around for over 10,000 years while the art of meditation has been practiced by millions of people. But, what makes Yoga so famous? Why do health professionals from naturopaths to doctors swear by it? The reply to this stands in the plethora of health benefits that Yoga offers- from kids to older people, everyone can take its advantages in some way or the other.
Where did Yoga originate from? Primarily, it evolved as a meditative exercise done by hermits and saints to receive harmony and salvation with their true self. But, today it is performed to attain physical and emotional balance. Yoga affects the deepest levels of your body. Yoga workshops provide an insight into the amazing benefits that the meditation offers, and the simple exercises that you can practice just about anywhere!
Here are some of the 10 health benefits (including but definitely not limited to) of engaging in regular yogic practice:
1. Strength and Flexibility: The plethora of Yogic asanas includes stretching the different body parts in a particular manner. This increases the muscle tone and body flexibility, thereby strengthening your joints and enhancing your range of motion.
2. Management of Pain: The excessive hours of sitting in an office or long drives can cause severe back pain, as the spinal cord and muscles tighten up. However, with Yogic exercise, you can enhance muscle alignment, its flexibility, and lubricate your joints.
3. Weight Loss: Yoga is one of the best methods to lose weight naturally. It enhances your metabolic rate and helps you lose excess body fat without any side effect.
4. Better breathing: Yoga helps you breathe better. The Prayanama offers controlled breathing. With deep breathing, long pauses, and slow exhaling, it is possible to fight several breathing problems such as asthma, sinusitis, and bronchitis.
5. Joint Lubrication: Different Yogic postures help in lubricating your tendons, joints and ligaments and enhance your flexibility. Yoga is the only form of exercise that affects internal as well as external organs and kindles them to work efficiently.
6. Treatment of Chronic Diseases: Yogic strategies are extremely powerful. They accelerate every body part and helps the body to get rid of chronic diseases like high blood pressures, asthma, hormonal imbalances and digestive disorders including those of the stomach, intestines, liver, and kidneys.
7. Memory: Enhanced memory is yet another health benefit of Yogic exercise which works for people of all ages. As yoga accelerates blood circulation to the brain with higher concentration power, it makes your mind relaxed and peaceful.
8. Body Detoxification: Spending thousands of dollars on detox is just a waste of money, because, with Yoga, you can eradicate your body toxins in a natural manner. Through different breathing techniques and postures, you can flush out the toxic waste from your body, staying healthy and refreshed!
9. Mental Disorders: Yoga is a stress reliever. The Prayanama asana helps you eliminate anxiety, fear, and depression from your mind, giving you peace and comfort. Physical exercises make your nervous system strong and enhance your self-confidence.
10. Anti-aging: A remarkable health benefit of Yoga is that it can turn back time. No, we don’t mean it literally. But yes, it makes you feel younger by strengthening your muscles, enhancing your skin texture and revitalizing your body parts. It makes you mentally fresh and physiologically younger.
Yoga is the new way to live a healthy life. You can hire a yoga teacher to know the right asanas and postures of Yoga and their effect on your body. With regular Yogic sessions, you will experience the incredible impact it has on your mind, body, and soul.
Contributor: Jennifer is an experienced yoga teacher and has a deep knowledge of Yogic asanas and postures. She works in a reputable Hatha Yoga Studio and runs a yoga workshop of her own. Having experienced a multitude of life-changing aspects of practicing yoga herself, Jennifer enjoys sharing and spreading the amazing health benefits of yoga to all!