Around 70% of all smokers usually want to quit this habit, but can’t. This is because it is extremely difficult. However, if you stop smoking, the improvements will start immediately, so, you need to try harder.
Of course, the most difficult part of this is the decision to quit. If you do this, then, you will be stronger with each passing day.
It is not easy, but, we present you some facts that show you what will happen daily if you stop this habit once and for all.
Health Benefits If You Stop Smoking
- Your blood pressure will become normal only within 20 minutes after the last cigarette. This will also boost the blood flow and circulation to the feet and hands.
- After 8 hours, the levels of the carbon monoxide gas in the bloodstream will be reduced by half and the oxygen will clear out all the irritants and dangerous bacteria.
- Also, after 48 hours, the risk of a heart attack will be decreased. Your body will have eliminated the nicotine completely by then and your senses of smell and taste will improve.
- The bronchial tubes will also be more relaxed and you will start breathing better after 3 days only. Your body will be more energized as well.
- Between 2 weeks and 2 months, the function of the lungs will improve by 30% and you will be able to walk much easier due to the improvement of the circulation.
- In 3 to 9 months, the problems with congestion coughs, and respiratory issues will be gone. Your lungs will be free of infection and bacteria and the bronchial tubes will have full capacity to remove excess mucus.
- When a whole year passes, the risk of a heart attack will be reduced by half and you will have more energy.
- After 5 years, the risk of stroke will be reduced as well.
- In 10-years time, you will also lower the risk of cancer as a non-smoker and you will have reversed lung damage completely. The system will be free of all chemicals.
- After 15 years, you will be at risk of a heart attack the same as non-smokers are. The body will be free of all the negative effects of tobacco and nicotine.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons you should stop smoking. Therefore, we recommend you to start now!
- 72Life is hard. Relationships, work, and adulting in general present constant challenges. Here Are Fourteen Useful Life Hacks To Make It All Just A Little Bit Easier. 1.Take your date somewhere exhilarating – ride a roller coaster, go skydiving, or play bumper cars. The adrenaline rush will mimic the thrill of falling…