Many people each for painkillers as soon as they start feeling the pain in the back, head, muscles, etc. Yet, these pharmaceuticals are extremely harmful and might cause severe adverse effects.
For instance, the long-term use of ibuprofen (and other NSAIDs) raises the risk of heart diseases and kidney cancer, leads to nausea/diarrhea, erectile dysfunction, gastrointestinal bleeding, and hypertension (high blood pressure).
However, Mother Nature has provided natural remedies to treat your pain, and turmeric is one of the most powerful ones.
The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine published a study in 2009 which showed that the active compound in turmeric, curcumin, is as effective as ibuprofen in treating arthritis of the knee.
It involved 109 participants diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis, who received either 800mg of ibuprofen or 2000mg of curcumin daily for six weeks. The findings showed that both treatments gave the same effects in the treatment of pain.
In 2014, the follow-up study entitled Efficacy and safety of Curcuma domestica extracts compared with ibuprofen in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a multicenter study, involved 367 patients diagnosed with osteoarthritis.
Researchers gave them 1200 mg of ibuprofen or 1500 mg of turmeric extract (curcumin) over 4 weeks, and the effects were the same. What’s more, turmeric did not cause the adverse effects of ibuprofen, like stomach pain.
Therefore, add turmeric to your curies and soups and enjoy its pain-relieving properties!
Here is how to prepare turmeric tea and relieve pain:
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemongrass tea bag
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 peppercorns (optional)
Boil the water, and add the peeled, minced ginger root, turmeric, cinnamon, peppercorns, and sea salt. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat. Then, add the lemongrass teabag and leave to steep for 3 more minutes. Then, take it out, and pour the tea into your mug!
- 100Many people each for painkillers as soon as they start feeling the pain in the back, head, muscles, etc. Yet, these pharmaceuticals are extremely harmful and might cause severe adverse effects. For instance, the long-term use of ibuprofen (and other NSAIDs) raises the risk of heart diseases and kidney cancer,…
- 43The utilization of cinnamon in numerous sustenance arrangements and wellbeing exercises effects affects human well-being. Its esteem has been perceived for a long time. There was even a period when cinnamon was more prized than gold. Despite the fact that nowadays, lion's share of individuals would decide on a 24-karat…
- 40Statistical data reveals that there were approximately 30,000 cases of heart failure and sudden cardiac arrest as a result of Vioxx usage between 1999 and 2003. A 2000 study revealed that these medications lead to increased heart rate and are linked to heart failure and strokes. However, FDA, Merck, and…